9755 SW Barnes Road, Suite 650
Portland, Oregon 97225
Stephen Raab is an associate in our Portland office. His practice focuses on insurance coverage matters, bad faith litigation, commercial disputes, and appeals. Stephen excels at dissecting complex legal issues, devising winning arguments, and providing guidance that recognizes the nuances of his clients' business goals.
Before joining Gordon & Polscer, L.L.C., Stephen worked in the trial group at a New York law firm, litigating complex and high-stakes cases in a variety of business areas, including insurance, product liability, complex financial transactions and contracts, class actions, trade secrets, and publishing.
Stephen earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy and economics from Amherst College in 1998, graduating with distinction in philosophy. In 2005, he graduated from New York University School of Law. During law school, Stephen gained valuable experience as a legal intern in a New York office of the United States Department of Justice.
Education & Credentials
- Amherst College, B.A.., with distinction in Philosophy, 1998
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
United States District Court, District of Oregon
New York State Bar
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Gus J. Solomon Inns of Court
- Oregon State Guidelines, The Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (contributed various sections, with Robert Spajic)
- "Client Questions Regarding the Duty to Defend," National Insurance Law Forum, Apr. 24, 2014 (with Diane L. Polscer)
- "The Next Insurance Storm Is in the Cloud," National Insurance Law Forum, Jan. 29, 2013 (with Diane L. Polscer)
- Iraq's Information Crimes Law, Human Rights Watch, July 2012 (with Joshua Colangelo-Bryan, Eric Epstein, and Samer Muscati)